The Mayer Studio COVID-19 Safety Plan
We ask that everyone follow these measures (as per the BC Centre for Disease Control & WorkSafeBC):
Vigorous screening must be done by the renter with everyone entering the studio. The following cannot enter studio:
- Anyone unvaccinated. Proof of at least 2 doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine is required by everyone entering the studio
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days including fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache
- Anyone directed by Public Health or the Canadian Border Services to self-isolate
At the studio please:
- Wash your hands upon your arrival
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Keep a 6 foot distance between everyone at all times and wear a mask. Mask wearing is mandatory at all times while in the studio even if you are alone, with your bubble and/or have been vaccinated. The only exception is for photography subjects having their makeup done and their photo taken
A complete contact list of all individuals present on set, the times they were present, and their roles must be maintained by the renter to facilitate contact tracing in the event of a positive case. This contact sheet should include names, phone numbers, and addresses and be kept for 30 days after the shoot date.
The studio has enough space to ensure a 6-foot distance between people with the maximum amount of people in the entire studio being 14 people. Please follow the occupancy signs posted in each room.
To improve ventilation please open the windows and the front door as often as possible and do not use the overhead fans. The standing (ie pedestal) fans should not run facing into the room at head height as this can cause spread of COVID-19. Instead please only use them lowered and facing towards a wall.
The bathroom must be thoroughly cleaned after every use with any surface touched (taps, handles, soap dispenser, light switch etc) wiped down with a disinfectant wipe. We have disinfectant wipes available for people to use in the bathroom.
The kitchen can only be used for food styling. If you need the kitchen a single designated person should be the only person using it. Please let us know if you do use the kitchen so that it can be cleaned thoroughly. The coffee machine, kettle and all of our utensils, plates, cups etc should NOT be used. It is recommended that all food and drink should not be shared in any way. Consider having all individuals bring their own food and drink to reduce the risk of contamination.
If you become unwell while you are at the studio, we ask that you immediately put on a mask, sanitize your hands, isolate and call 811 or access https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en for further guidance. If you are severely ill, call 911. You will find a disposable mask in the bathroom cabinet. Please also let your studio contact know right away so they can come and close the studio for you.
As part of our precautions we now have a mandatory COVID-19 cleaning fee of $50 to allow for increased cleaning of high touch surfaces in the studio before and after your rental. We ask that the studio be returned to the way that you found it, otherwise subject to our usual cleaning fee of an additional $150. Please put any equipment you’ve used during your shoot (eg folding tables, chairs, stands etc.) neatly in a pile to the right hand side of the cove for disinfection.
Version 4, updated January 10, 2022